How To Make Restaurant Style Coconut Rice At Home
Rice is a staple item in almost every household. But who said, you couldn’t give your everyday ‘Chawal’ a delicious yet healthy twist? Check out this mouth-watering recipeby food blogger, Neha Kumari on how to make Coconut Rice at home using Azafran’s Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- 2 tablespoon Azafran Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- ½ tablespoon Urad Dal.
- ½ tablespoon Chana Dal.
- ½ tablespoon Cumin Seeds.
- 8 Curry Leaves.
- 2 Red Chillis.
- 2 tablespoon toasted Peanuts.
- ¼ cup Peanuts.
- 1 cup grated Coconut.
- 1 cup boiled Basmati Rice
- In a pan add 2 tablespoons of Azafran Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- Once it’s warm add 1/2 tablespoon Urad Dal, 1/2 tablespoon Chana Dal and 1/2 tablespoon Cumin Seeds.
- Add 7-8 curry leaves and 2 red chillis.
- Once the seeds start to crackle add 2 tablespoon lightly toasted peanuts and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- Cook this for 2-3 mins till the cashew turns slightly golden.
- Add 1 cup freshly grated coconut.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook all of it for 2-3 mins, and then add 1 cup basmati rice which is already boiled.
- Mix everything well and serve warm.
- It doesn’t use any garlic or onion so can be consumed in fasting too.
- This style of cooking rice doesn’t need any accompaniment, but it can be served with some papad or curry if required.
Just like this tasty, healthy and easy coconut rice recipe, there are tons of other restaurant style recipes that you can cook at home, using Azafran’s Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. Made with the traditional technique of cold pressing coconuts, this multi-tasking oil enriches every part of the body by boosting metabolism, strengthening immunity, and promoting cardiovascular wellness with a nostalgic aroma and naturally flavourful taste.