How to Stop Hair Loss: 11 Simple Tips & Tricks for Hair Fall Treatment
We all relate to the problem of hair fall. There are a lot of factors that affect hair health such as a change in diet, routine, sleep duration, weather, pregnancy, chronic diseases, shampoo choice, genetics, stress, etc. the list goes on.
Yet it is completely normal to shed up to 100 strands of hair every day for everyone. Hair growth varies for all but on average it grows one and a half-inch per month.
So how do you concur if you’re experiencing hair fall or just shedding the normal amount? When the hair growth speed has declined or you notice much more hair loss while combing your hair or after a wash – these could be signs you’re dealing with hair fall.
Disclaimer: You can always consult a specialist to diagnose what exactly may be causing your hair loss if it is persistent.
How To Stop Hair Fall?
The hair fall reason may be one or many but hair fall treatment options are abundant. We have listed the easiest hair fall control tips below for you to try.
Happy Hair Therapy is on the way!
Hair Loss Treatment:
1. Mindful Scalp & Hair Care Routine: There needs to be a routine set in place that you follow each time you wash your hair. Preferably you start with a scalp and hair oil massage followed by shampooing and conditioning.
2. It is better to use products on your hair that are completely natural and contain no chemicals. Products that contain chemicals remove the hair’s natural oil, damage the hair, make it brittle, increase frizz and some of the chemicals encourage hair loss. To buy hair oil online you just need to know what your scalp needs.
The hair oil you apply should suit your scalp whether olive oil, coconut oil or mustard oil and in case you have a dandruff problem the shampoo should contain ingredients that help reduce the same.
A 2018 review of studies declared that coconut oil may help ward off hair loss from combing and UV light exposure.
A 2016 study showed that a massage every day for as little as 4 minutes over the course of 24 weeks showed tremendous results!
If you purchase your organic shampoo online or otherwise, there are a few chemicals that you should be avoided in your mild shampoo – Sulfates, Triclosan, Silicones, Parabens, Formaldehyde, Synthetic Fragrances and Colors, Dimethicone, Retinyl Palmitate, Etc.
Conditioning (don’t apply on your scalp) after shampooing hair is a must. The amino acids in conditioners provide much-needed nourishment, hydration and reduce frizz and breakage.
Lastly, it is vital not to overwash your hair. Avoid using styling gadgets like curling or straightening irons and let your hair air dry. Refrain from using chemical treatments like hair colour, smoothening or perms that will cause further damage to your scalp and overall hair health.
3. Diet & Physical Exercise: Nutritional deficiencies in your diet can cause hair loss. It is important to eat a diet rich in vitamins A, C, D and E, zinc, essential fatty acids, biotin, B vitamins, protein and iron. If you suffer from hair loss due to hormone imbalances, exercising 20-30 mins in a day will surely make a difference.
A Mediterranean diet has been proven to decrease the risk of androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, declared by a 2018 study. The diet contains raw vegetables and fresh herbs.
Hair follicles are made predominantly of keratin, a protein. A diet rich in protein is necessary. Intake of eggs, nuts, beans, fish, peas, chicken, etc should be upped. A 2017 study noted nutritional deficiencies like amino acids suffered from hair loss.
Vitamin A contains retinoids which have shown to increase the rate of hair growth. Foods rich in vitamin A are spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, mangoes, and red bell peppers.
Treating Vitamin D deficiencies will help with hair regrowth. According to a 2018 Study, Nonscarring alopecia is associated with a deficiency of Vitamin D.
Keep yourself hydrated every day with 4-8 glasses. This promotes healthy hair as one-quarter of the hair shaft contains water.
4. Multivitamin Supplements: Several studies have suggested that numerous vitamins like A, C, D, B, Biotin and other minerals help in hair growth and reduce breakage. Supplements providing the same should be consumed daily for long term benefits after consulting your doctor.
5. Essential Oils: Essential oils may help bring down hair loss. Lavender essential oil, Peppermint essential oil, and Lemongrass essential oil are good options to use. Mix these with a carrier oil like olive or coconut and apply them to the hair before washing for the best results.
6. Onion Juice: A home remedy in many households with proven results. Onion juice should be applied twice a day to the scalp. It has shown tremendous results of hair regrowth in alopecia patients according to a 2014 study.
7. Stress Relief: Hair loss caused by stress can be reduced with yoga and meditation. Practice yoga asanas and pranayama to reduce stress building and tension which may be leading to hair loss.
Hair Growth Tips:
8. Refrain from having hot showers: Hot water can lead to a dry scalp as well as hair breakage and frizz, so it is best to switch those hot showers to either cold ones or lukewarm ones.
9. Avoid alcohol and smoking: Alcohol reduces hair growth and smoking affects blood circulation to the scalp, resulting in hair fall. So quit both of these habits.
10. Avoid combing wet hair: Do not brush damp hair as hair is in its weakest state when it is wet to decrease the chances of hair fall and loss. Don’t keep combing your hair unnecessarily.
11. Bonus Tip: Hair masks using eggs and curd and a mixture of different oils will make for a great weekend therapy sesh as well as nourish and hydrate the skin and hair.
Azafran has a wide variety of Hair Care Products – Hair Oil, Shampoo, Conditioner available here to start your Happy Hair Therapy! We at Azafran believe in using eco-conscious vegan products made with natural ingredients that contain no artificial colourants or harmful chemicals. Try them for yourself!
Stay Home, Stay Safe with Azafran.