Post-Covid Care: Easing the Road to Recovery
Everything you need to know about post covid recovery from precautions to must follow! Disclaimer: This should not be considered medical advice. Please check with your doctor about medicines and diet.
Recovered from Covid-19 and now you aren’t sure how about to shift back to your normal routine?
After the negative RT-PCR report, home disinfection services, and replacing clothes and toiletries, there are still many other post covid precautions to be taken before moving back to normalcy.
Even though covid-19 majorly affects the respiratory system, studies have confirmed that it affects almost all organs in the body gradually.
“Evaluating 379 diagnoses of diseases possibly related to COVID-19, 380 classes of medications prescribed and 62 laboratory tests administered, the researchers identified newly diagnosed major health issues that persisted in COVID-19 patients over at least six months and that affected nearly every organ and regulatory system in the body.”
There are significant long-term repercussions to the nervous system, metabolism, gastrointestinal system, mental health and immune system.
Just beating the novel coronavirus isn’t enough, extra care has to be taken for the following six months at least in all aspects of your life from health, nutrition, body, and mental health.
“After 17 days from the onset of symptoms, patients can resume normal activities while maintaining Covid-appropriate behaviour. For SARI (severe acute respiratory infection) cases, the patient becomes non-infectious after 20 days and he/she can resume normal life depending on the extent of their lung damage and other issues,” Dr Syamasis Bandyopadhyay told IndiaToday.in.
Our normal life in a lot of terms has to include the following to lessen post covid complications:
1. Take lots of Rest:
Doctors advise to stay in home quarantine for another 7 days as the virus may still linger in the body. Healing occurs when the body is well-rested and timely. Getting enough sleep is necessary every night, the recovery procedure is sped up while sleeping. Do not sprint back to your old lifestyle right away.
2. A Wholesome & Healthy Diet:
“The food we eat should be easy and comforting to chew and swallow,” Dr Kavitha Fenn Arunkumar, Madurai-based psychiatrist says. She also cautions against emotional eating (feeding on convenience foods to satiate cravings). “It’s best to eat food that does not cause distress to the digestive system or any other part of the body,” she says. Nutritious meals are vital and ease the path to recovery. Make sure you have a well-balanced protein-rich diet that strengthens the body.
“Proteins are the most important macro-nutrients that aid in rebuilding and recharging the body; vitamins improve immunity and probiotics improve the gut bacteria after the heavy antibiotic and steroid used in treatment,” says Anjali Dange, nutritionist and founder of Starlite Nutrition and Wellness Centre, Visakhapatnam.
Daily meals should include vegetables, fruits, pulses and liquids for a healthy recovery.
3. Physical Light Exercise:
For a speedy recovery working out is a must. Exercise improves blood and oxygen circulation as well as detoxifies the body. Don’t go overboard with exercise, walking and yoga are the best to indulge for 10 mins at least during the early days of recovery.
4. Consume Immunoboosters & Herbal Remedies:
It’s significant to take additional steps to take care of your immunity needs especially when the immune system is being cured.
- Turmeric or Haldi is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient. Turmeric Immune Booster in the form of a simple effervescent tablet boosts the body’s natural defence against ailments and is a stimulant for your metabolism and additionally boosts the body’s immunity.
- Amla or Gooseberry is a superfood and nature’s one-stop solution to many ailments. Amla Immune Booster is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and fibre, strengthening the heart, boosting immunity and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Echinacea is an all-around health booster. A mix of antimicrobial & anti-viral. The Echinacea Immune Booster helps with flu symptoms, betters immunity, reduces inflammation, enhances skin health and aids healthy weight loss.
- Ashwagandha is known to calm the mind while boosting the body’s energy levels. Ashwagandha Extract Tablets proven to reduce stress and anxiety, helps fight depression, boost brain function, enhances your day-to-day vigour, sleep and ability to be calm and focused.
- Arjuna is known as the “guardian of the heart” and derived from the healing arjuna tree. Arjuna Extract Tablets reduce the risk of heart diseases by strengthening the heart muscles, controlling bad cholesterol thereby reducing blood pressure.
- Moringa Leaf or Drumsticks / Saragwa is a superfood and has 7 times more vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than a banana. Moringa Leaf Powder Tablets treat weakness, fatigue, and muscle loss. Rich in calcium, protein, iron, and amino acids. Additionally boost immunity by protecting the body from cell damage and healing from within.
5. Check Oxygen Level Regularly:
Monitor blood oxygen saturation level using an oximeter. Even during the recovery process, there might be lung damage that you don’t know about. In case it drops below 90, it’s best to visit a doctor. Watch out for any other symptoms.
Azafran has a wide variety of Herbal remedies and Immunoboosters available here to ease your post-covid recovery process! We at Azafran believe in using eco-conscious vegan products made with natural ingredients that contain no artificial colourants or harmful chemicals. Stay Home, Stay Safe with Azafran.
Disclaimer: This should not be considered medical advice. Please check with your doctor about medicines and diet.