Relieve Your Dry Skin With These Quick & Simple Tips Today
Say Goodbye to Dry Skin Woes and Hello to Moisturized Glowing Skin!
Dry skin is a common phenomenon occurring due to a lack of moisture on the top-most layer of the skin called the epidermis. This could be because of a variety of causes ranging from hot showers, over-exfoliation, environmental factors or naturally dry skin.
Finding the perfect skin routine is of the essence when it comes to taking care of dry skin whether for your face or your body. Let’s start by finding out the causes of dryness:
What are the Main Causes of Dry Skin?
1. Climate Conditions: In a drier climate or during the winter months, when humidity is low, skin tends to lose moisture more often in turn causing dryness. The temperature indoors affects the moisture in your skin as well. Central heating can dry the skin out much further.
2. Hot Showers: Taking too many hot showers can cause significant dryness to the skin. Try to avoid extremely hot showers, switch to lukewarm or cold showers instead.
3. Harmful UVA & UVB Rays: It is vital to keep your skin protected from daily sun damage. UVA rays are able to pierce deep into the skin hasten ageing and UVB rays cause sunburns and damage the epidermis.
4. Diet & Water intake: Eating nutritious food rich in Vitamin A, E, & C such as sweet potato, cucumbers, citrus fruits, salmon (rich in omega 3 fatty acids), asparagus, avocadoes, walnuts, and flaxseeds, etc. help with rich and healthy skin. Dehydration is another common factor leading to dehydrated skin especially during the summer when we sweat more. It is vital to use only natural skin care products and drink at least 2 litres of water every day without fail.
5. Harsh Soaps & Body Washes: Harsh soaps strip off the moisture from the skin as well as essential body oils. Body washes containing chemicals can further damage the skin, making it drier.
Now that we know about the causes, let’s get into squashing them by learning about the ingredients that help best with moisturizing and nourishing skin and prevent it from drying out.
How To Treat Dry Skin?
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a great oil to use as a natural cleanser and moisturizer for the skin. It retains the skin’s natural oils and nourishes the skin making it supple. It can be used to remove makeup easily without irritating the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut is a natural emollient which means that the natural fatty acids in coconut oil hydrate and moisturize the skin. It can be directly applied to soothe and soften skin. Apply before bedtime to wake up to healthy-looking skin in the morning!
- Honey & Oatmeal Mask: Honey benefits dry skin as it is a natural humectant keeping the skin moist but not too oily at the same time. Oatmeal makes for a great exfoliator. Together the combination of the two can be mixed together and applied to the skin to use as an exfoliator or a hydrating mask.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has been known for its soothing, calming and anti-ageing properties. It has numerous benefits when applied to the skin such as – alleviates redness and irritation due to dryness especially during dry winter months.
- Daily Moisturizer for Dry Skin: One of the best moisturizer for dry skin – a daily 3 in 1 moisturizer that hydrates, protect and revitalise your skin is needed. Especially with active organic ingredients like the rich blend of 5 fruit extracts, aloe vera juice that moisturises the skin, soya butter, and organic oils of coconut, olive, and almond, as well as botanical extracts, contain natural AHAs, and titanium dioxide, a naturally occurring mineral which is non-toxic and sun protective. All these ingredients in this lotion for dry skin are key to maintaining plump, glowing skin that is also protected from sun damage as well as retaining the moisture of the skin.
- Day & Night Nourishing Creme: A lightweight, non-greasy formulating face cream for dry skin made with the goodness AHAs in the five fruit extracts it contains boosts skin elasticity as well as olive butter being a rich emollient, hydrates and moisturize. Apply two times a day for the best results. A must-needed dry skin cream.
- Hydrating Body Butter: Not only your face but your body requires nourishment as well especially if you also have dry hands. A great body lotion for dry skin that is ultra-rich & organic provides deep moisturisation without a greasy feeling due to hyaluronic acid. Containing organic oils of coconut, soy and almond, lasting up to 72 hours, breaking the cycle of dry skin. Also made from Sodium Hyaluronate, a product that attracts moisture to the skin, making it not only good for you but also for the environment. This organic butter is effective in repairing signs of cracked, dull, dry skin.
- Face Wash for Dry Skin: Best face wash for dry skin that brightens, tightens and whitens the face with every wash. Made from the goodness of organic liquorice which controls premature ageing, brightens and evens out the skin tone. This product maximises the power of 5 fruit extracts – Bilberry, Orange, Lemon, Sugarcane and Sugar Maple – which gently exfoliate and make the skin plump and brighter. The extracts’ natural AHAs also stimulate collagen synthesis, giving you soft and youthful skin. A gentle exfoliator that gives skin a healthy glow.
Let’s put these insightful tips to use, nourish dry skin & attain the radiant skin we deserve!
Azafran has a wide variety of Face Wash, Body Butter & Cream available here for dry skin treatment! We at Azafran believe in using eco-conscious vegan products that are clinically tested & Ecocert certified, made with natural ingredients that contain no artificial colourants or harmful chemicals. Stay Home, Stay Safe with Azafran.