The Importance of AHA's For Your Skin
Why do your skincare products need to have AHAs for effective results?!
If your skincare routine does not include this wondrous ingredient, you are missing out!
Read on ahead to learn about AHAs and let them transform your skin.
What Are AHAs?
AHAs or Alpha hydroxy acids are a group of acids that are derived naturally from fruits, milk, and sugar cane. Various skincare products and treatments include AHAs that are water-soluble and great for getting rid of all the dead skin cells on the uppermost layer of your skin.
Organic skin care products containing AHAs loosen the topmost layer of skin which promotes the creation of more cells.
These are the good kind of acids that act as chemical exfoliants giving you glowing skin, hassle-free!
The Different Types of AHAs:
- Glycolic Acid: One of the most well-known acids derived from sugarcane, highly effective and penetrates deep into the skin. It should be used in moderation as it is quite potent.
- Lactic Acid: Another well know acid that is found in sour milk. It exfoliates and retains moisture in the skin due to its humectant properties. Also protects against harmful bacteria thanks to its anti-microbial properties and helps reduce hyperpigmentation. It is gentle on the skin, a great contender for sensitive skin.
How To Treat Dry Skin?
- Mandelic Acid: A popular acid derived from bitter almonds. Rich in antioxidants, this mild acid is well tolerated by darker skin tones and due to its anti-bacterial properties, it’s great for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Malic Acid: Sourced from apples, this acid has anti-bacterial properties and can be used in combination with other AHAs. If you’ve heard of products incorporated using apple cider vinegar to tighten and brighten the skin, they’re a hit thanks to malic acid.
- Citric Acid: As the name suggests, this acid is sourced from citrus fruits that helps regulate PH levels in your product and helps act as a preservative. It is commonly used with other AHAs for brightening the skin.
- Tartaric Acid: Rich in anti-oxidants, this acid is derived from grapes, it moisturizes the skin and promotes healing.
What are the Benefits of AHAs?
Exfoliate Experts: AHAs are the best exfoliators for your skin and help to get rid of the overtime accumulated dead skin cells that cause dullness and dark spots, making skin radiant and healthy.
Reduces Sun Damage: AHAs are the best exfoliators for your skin and help to get rid of the overtime accumulated dead skin cells that cause dullness and dark spots, making skin radiant and healthy.
Boosts Collagen Growth: As we age, the once abundant collagen production decreases and sun damage affects collagen production. With long term use of Organic body care products having AHAs, get rid of old collagen fibres to make place for new ones in its place, giving your skin the plumper effect!
Radiant & Moisturized Skin: Skin automatically appears brighter when it sheds the topmost layer accumulated by dead skin cells, which is exactly what AHAs do. Skin feels much more elastic and healthy. The use of AHAs also helps reduce wrinkles, fine lines making skin smooth and significantly improving skin texture.
Treats Acne: AHAs can help remove clogged pores and prevent further clogging. AHAs are great in treating mild to moderate acne as suggested by a study that showed the high efficacy of AHAs help in providing relief from acne.
Please Note: Consult a dermatologist before using AHAs if you have any underlying skin conditions. Do not use any AHA above the prescribed limit of less than 10% to avoid any side effects.
Let your skin rejoice with this new addition that’ll have you saying bye-bye to your skin problems in no time!
Azafran has a wide variety of organic skin care products available here for plumper skin today! We at Azafran believe in using eco-conscious vegan products that are clinically tested & Ecocert certified, made with natural ingredients that contain no artificial colourants or harmful chemicals.
Stay Home, Stay Safe with Azafran.